Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Just sayin...

Do you have a friend who uses this term ALL THE TIME? Are you an offender yourself? I looked the phrase up on Urban Dictionary "A phrase tacked on to the end of any bigoted, biased, hurtful, wrong or simply stupid remark. The speaker tacks on the phrase with the intent absolving themselves of any guilt or argument over the statement."  
I never really noticed the popularity of this phrase until somebody used it on me.  I can't give a direct quote because I am still quazi friends with the person.  (Quazi?  I think I just made that up)  Well, anyway they said something pretty hurtful and followed it up with "Just Saying".  From that day forward, I have have been uber aware of its useage.  I hear it in daily conversations and see it often on Facebook.  I use it myself now, mostly to see if it provokes people or as an inside joke between the DH and I. 
Is there a phrase that irks you?  Tell me about it you big dork, Just sayin....

1 comment:

  1. Starting any sentence with "You need to.." OMG those are fighting words!!!!

    And, yes, I do end a sentence "i'm just saying.." when I know someone is not gonna like what I'm about to say, but was stupid enough to ask for my opinion! If you know me...you know I'm going to say what I'm thinking!! I'm just sayin....

    ReplyDelete