Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, June 4, 2010

Thursday exercise log

OMG...  I think I'm crazy!  I actually planned out my walk today because Frodo was at the zoo with his school and I didn't want him to have to walk home after spending the day at the zoo.  And, I was going out with some old friends from HS that evening so I wouldn't be able  to walk at night with the family.  I knew that I needed to make a trip to the bank, so I used Bing maps to see how far of a walk it was.  1.2 miles each way!  I can do that!  Ugh....  Have I ever told you how much I hate the sun?  Well, it's a lot!  I don't mind it when I'm in the house, it's quite lovely the way it shines through the windows naturally lighting the house.  But, I hate it beating down on my fair skin.  It feels like fire burning me.  And It was over 80 degrees yesterday too, what was I thinking?   I made it to the bank, no problem.  hot, winded and sweaty but that's to be expected.  It took about 20 minutes.  I caught my breath, had a drink of water, took care of my banking needs and got ready for the walk back home.  I was at the half way point when my stomach started churning, I had to go to the bathroom, #2 and soon!  LOL, I thought about stopping into a school I passed but figured that wouldn't let a sweaty, scary looking woman in to use the facilities, so I kept walking, praying and clenching my....  well, you know.   I thought about knocking on random doors, "Can I use your bathroom?  I have this stroller and cute little kid as collateral."  But I don't think I would let anyone in MY house much less even answer the door.  So, I kept walking, praying...  Usually when I go on long walks like this, the DH is with me.  We take turns pushing 32 pounds of Sunshine in his stroller, but I was on my own today and my arms were so tired.  I tried to stop and shake out my arms a bit, but I knew I had to keep moving and get to the bathroom ASAP.  I was so tired....   hot.... sweaty....  my skin was on fire.  Finally, I arrived at home.  I yanked the little one from the stroller and left it in the driveway.  I dropped him off in the kitchen and ran for the bathroom.....  ahhhhh.  Thank God, I made it!   TMILOL, too bad you're the one who chose to read it.     I checked myself out in the mirror and my face looked like a tomato, it was bright red.  I jumped in the shower with the water as cold as I could stand and tried to cool down.  10 minutes later, my face was still pink.  But, I did feel better!  It's funny how during the walk, I thought I was going to fall over in exhaustion, but now I felt great!  Maybe that's the exercise rush I've been hearing about?  I'm not saying the walking is getting easier...  not at all, but I do feel better, happier and prouder after doing it.  (Is prouder a word?  More proud just doesn't sound right either.  And who decides whether its adding the er or more to a word?)
Well...  anyway I walked 2.4 miles in just under an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment