Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Holiday weekend food log

Friday I ate a small omelet with green peppers and ham for breakfast.  I skipped the home fries and opted for fresh fruit instead.  I also only ate 1 piece of wheat toast.  I don't remember eating anything for lunch.  But dinner was Mexican!  I had a frozen strawberry margarita, chicken fajitas and just a few tortilla chips.  I boxed up about half of the fajita fixings to limit the amount I ate.

Breakfast was another small green pepper and ham omelet.  I do miss the cheese, but it's still yummy without it.  Today I ate the home fries too.  But only a few.  We went up to my BIL's camper/trailer/mobile home thingy on Saturday and spent the night.  Its hard to be good with eating health during cookouts and family get together.  We packed a few healthy options for the weekend to make it a bit easier.  We brought chicken brats and turkey hot dogs for dinner and turkey sausage and wheat bread for breakfast.  We also brought plenty of fruit for snacking.  Grapes, honeydew, strawberries. blueberries, apples, watermelon.....    I did pretty good, but did give in to a few temptations.  I had 2 beers and a diet soda, baked tortilla chips and the BIL's awesome homemade salsa as well as some shelled peanuts and even 1 big bite of a smore!  (OMG, it was ooey, gooey delicious!)  I keep hearing that it is OK to have a bit of the bad stuff, as long as it is in moderation.  I hope the scale will agree with that next week.  

When we got home Sunday night, we grabbed a pizza for dinner, not the best choice!  I did get a salad first and picked off  almost all the cheese and only added a few drips of dressing.  I ate 2 pieces of the pizza with green peppers and even pulled off a little of the cheese too. 

I made blueberry pancakes for breakfast.  We made a big mistake going to a Chinese buffet on Monday for lunch.  I tried to focus on the dishes with veggies like chicken and broccoli and pepper steak but the sauces were impossible to avoid.  The DH and I both felt like crap after eating.  I hope we learned a lesson and will avoid buffets going forward.  Dinner was 2 turkey dogs.  1 bun and about a 1/4cup of pork and beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment