Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, May 23, 2010

You inspire me!

Over the past 2 weeks, I have been using Facebook to share a little piece of my weight loss journey. I have well over 900 friends in this online community. A few of them are my Best friends, the people that I have known since before high school, you know the ones that you 1st got drunk with? The ones you called to tell about your first kiss? The ones you cried with the 1st time your heart was broken? The ones I chose to be the Godparents of my children! Some of them are my immediate family members, and others are family that I wish I were closer to, both mentally and geographically. Others are people that I have met through my career in retail or through the schools that I attended and have reconnected with, maybe not in real life but through Facebook. And the vast majority are my gaming friends. People that I have never met in RL (Real Life), but have become real friends.

I have been amazed, surprised and humbled by the response I have received from my friends on Facebook. Many people that I only thought of as acquaintances, have been incredibly positive and supportive. I know it sounds lame, but I never realized the friends I had and how these people care for me and my health.

Several friends have commented that I am inspiring THEM! Inspiring them to get up and get moving... Although I am honored, please know, It is YOU that inspire me! Your words of encouragement mean so much. When I don't want to get up off my big fat ass and exercise, I think of you and how much you believe in me. When I want to fall back into old habits and pull into McDonald's to buy a Super Sized value meal, I think of you and how you want me to succeed. When you tell me that I inspire you.... You make me want to work even harder. So, thank you friends, without your support, I wouldn't be doing this. I would have given up already, like I have so many times before. But this time, it feels different, it seems possible and for that I thank YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment