Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, May 17, 2010

One week down, the rest of my life to go

The first week was surprisingly easy. Overall, I think I did a good job. Actually, I did a great job! I don't think I have EVER been so diligent about getting up and moving my ass. On Monday and Wednesday, instead of just dropping Frodo off at soccer and going back home, I stayed and walked the track with Sunshine in his stroller. And then on Thursday we walked about 40 minutes on a local trail. I was huffing and puffing after 10 minutes. I am so out of shape! On Friday, the whole family walked round trip about 2 and a half miles for ice cream. Once we got there, I just couldn't get my own dessert. I had worked way to hard to make it. But of course, my will power is only so strong... I did steal a few bites from every ones treats. On Saturday we went to Frodo's soccer game and a street fair. So we got some walking in during the day. We were exhausted when we got home, but come 8o'clock, we just got up and got ready for our walk. No whining or complaining. We walked around the neighborhood for about 40 minutes. The walking is getting a little easier. Sunday we were scheduled to do a Secret Shop for a yummy but extremely unhealthy restaurant, known for their desserts. I tried to be good, getting a salad; but I just couldn't resist the bread basket. And then Bear had the nerve to ask for a second basket. Damn him! We left the restaurant with every intention of coming back to get our dessert to go, and started walking around the shopping center. We were really tired, walking at a snails pace. We went to the specialty grocery store and bought only healthy foods. I was going to remind the DH about dessert but thought better of it. We were already home when he realized we forgot to go back. Like I said, we were already exhausted but we still got off our butts and did our walk that night. The intention was to do just a quick 15 out and 15 back. But, we wound up checking how long it would take to get to Frodo's school instead. Let's just say it's about 2 miles round trip and it took about 50 minutes. So much for a quick 30.
So how did I do as far as weight loss? -12 pounds! Go Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment