Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

This stress test is stressing me out

No caffeine for 12 hrs, dry toast is okay up to 3 hrs before the test, nothing to drink in the morning, don't take your medications, no perfume or lotion, be there 15 minutes early, don't forget your insurance card, and your Dr's orders....   Oh my.  If I wasn't stressed before, I certainly am now.  Actually, it really wasn't all that bad.

I arrived early, checked in (of course, forgot my insurance card) and was taken back before my scheduled appointment time.  A nurse put in an IV, added the nuclear tracer and had me chill in a quiet waiting area.  As a mom, I cherished those 15 minutes of silence and read a few pages of Incredibly Loud and Extremely Close, on my Kindle Fire.  Next up, picture time, aka nap time.  I had to lay down on a table and this giant thing rotated around my chest for about 15 or 20 minutes.  I had to keep my arms over my head and try to remain still, I opted to close my eyes and just relax.

Now time for the exercise portion of the test. This is the part I dreaded the most, not the whole being radioactive for a few days....   nope, that didn't even phase me.  I hate to exercise, when I do...  I don't push myself very hard.  If Bob Harper was my trainer, He would be yelling "PUSH, HARDER, FASTER, COME ON GIRL OR I'M GONNA GRAB YOU BY THOSE CURLS AND RIP YOUR HEAD OFF!"  If Chef Ramsey was my coach, it might sound like this "YOU FAT DONKEY, MOVE YOUR FUCKING ASS, YOU FUCKING LAZY PEICE OF DOG SHIT!"  Get the idea?

I must admit, it wasn't as awful as I thought it was going to be.  The nurse hooked up a bunch of electrodes, took my BP laying down and again standing up.  We waited for the Cardiologist and the radioactive lady to show up and then began walking on the treadmill.  If I were to guess, i would say they started with a 4 incline and a 2.5 for speed.  Did I mention that I hate inclines?  It didn't take too long till I was feeling it in my calves and starting to breathe a little faster.  Then they increased the speed and incline, whew I was starting to wonder how long I would be able to make it.  They took my BP a couple of times while I was walking and they even inserted the radioactive tracer right there while I was huffing and puffing.  Just a few more minutes the nurse said...  but the Dr interrupted and said, nah she's good, you can stop now.  So that was it, sure I will admit that I was breathing pretty heavy, but I never even broke a sweat.  Woot woot, go fat girl, go fat girl...

Next up, another nap!  20 minutes laying with my arms up over my head with a strange machine taking pictures of the radioactive goo in my heart, and that was it....    Results should be in in a day or 2, keep those fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment