Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, April 22, 2012

7 days down, 21 to go...

Wow, an entire week of eating plant based, mostly vegan, whole foods!!!   I can't believe that it was that easy, seriously it was really easy.  I'll give you an example of a typical day.

Breakfast - 1-1/2 cups of shredded wheat minis with a sliced banana, 3 sliced strawberries and a handful of blueberries with about a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Lunch - a huge salad with romain and spinach leaves, a couple slices of cucumber, 3 sliced strawberries, a handful of blueberries and a drizzle (1tbsp) of Walden Farms (no oil) balsamic vinaigrette
Dinner - fajita veggies cooked without oil served over a bed of quinoa
Snacks - 2tbs of (oil free) hummus with baby carrots and 1 Wasa flat bread cracker
I'm drinking water and green tea

I do occasionally feel hungry, but not ravenous, when I get hungry, I snack or have something to drink and that takes away the hunger.  As far portion sizes go, if it's a fruit or veggie, I eat it.  I don't pay any attention to how much I eat, I just try to be mindful of when I start feeling full.  If it's a carb like pita bread, pasta, or cereal, I measure out a proper sized portion.  I haven't had a lot of cravings for meat or cheese, it's more about the bread.  We went to The Olive Garden, I wanted the garlic bread.  We went to Costco and they were sampling a pretzel bread roll, I wanted that too.   It's not that I can't eat bread, but I am trying hard to ensure that it is 100% whole wheat and low in oil.  MMMmmmm bread!

Well, on to week 2, wish me luck.......



No comments:

Post a Comment