Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Baked Apple Chips




So easy, so healthy and so yummy!  I made 2 batches, so 4 apples the other day and the DH ate every last chip during one 8 hour shift of work.  LOL, I suppose I can't really be mad.  I am glad he likes them so much, and considering the alternatives... I think I'll just get to work on making another batch.

Ingredients:
2 firm apples, I like Galas
cinnamon powder
you can add a little sugar or splenda, but I don't think you really need it

Preheat the oven to 200F
Cut the apples into thin slices, by hand or use a mandolin.
Try to keep the thickness uniform so they cook evenly.
Place the slices on a baking sheet, no need to grease the pan, the apples should peel off as long as they are not sliced too thin.  You could probably use parchment paper, but I have not experimented with it.
Sprinkle the apples with cinnamon (and sugar if you like) and pop them in the oven for an hour.  
Flip the apple slices, add a little more cinnamon and bake another hour.
They will feel a little floppy or limp when you first pull them out, but will crisp up in just a few minutes.
I store mine in a zip lock bag, not sure how long they would stay fresh, they never last longer than 2-3 days in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment